By Dr. Carl Werner
Special Note: This Teacher’s Manual has been specially designed to be easily used and adapted for a variety of educational applications. Expertise in the theory of evolution is not required to teach this specific unit study.
This Teacher’s Manual is designed for students from grades 6-12 and is intended to accompany the book Evolution: The Grand Experiment. The material presented in this course contains interviews with over 60 expert scientists from some of the most highly acclaimed scientific institutions, universities, and museums of the world.
This Teacher’s Manual contains all of the tools needed to assist in lesson preparation including:
· Purpose of Chapter – To summarize the purpose of each chapter for the instructor
· Class Discussion Questions – To stimulate student interest in the chapter material
· Objectives of Chapter for Students – To assist students in preparing for examinations
· Chapter Examinations – To assess if students adequately understand the materials
· Sectional Examinations – To prepare students for the comprehensive final examination
· Comprehensive Final Examination – To assure students retain the information
A thorough study of the current evidence both for and against the theory of evolution is timely. As one of the most controversial topics of our day, it is appropriate for learning institutions and home educators to address this issue, and advantageous for students to be part of this important discussion.